Reader posts question to MarketWatch about not tipping restaurant servers, wants to know who's right. Basically an AITA post but the answer is obvious imo.
2021.10.18 15:16 MomentOfZehn Reader posts question to MarketWatch about not tipping restaurant servers, wants to know who's right. Basically an AITA post but the answer is obvious imo.
2021.10.18 15:16 TW_Chicken Moon • There literally could be anything behind the moon. Instagram • @tw.chicken
2021.10.18 15:16 AllieXS Jacked in
2021.10.18 15:16 jagoanonline What is your long-term goals with your small business?
Title represent it
submitted by jagoanonline to smallbusiness [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 DaemonXHUN Crysis 2 is just as disappointing as it was 10 years ago - C1 vs. C2 comparison
I just completed Crysis 2 Remastered on PC (with a controller, without auto-aim, on the hardest difficulty). It was... alright, I guess, but it's just as forgettable and disappointing as it was 10 years ago when I first played it on the Xbox 360.
I think the best and most simple way to explain why it was such a let down is by comparing it to the original. But for those who do not want to read this much, here's the TL;DR: Crysis 2 to Crysis feels like what the prequel trilogy were to the original Star Wars movies. It managed to completely strip away the identity, the originality and magic of the original, and replaced them with mediocrity at best.
- [Main character] Nomad is just as iconic to Crysis as Master Chief is to Halo or Gordon Freeman to Half-Life. Yet Nomad was killed abruptly off-screen and got replaced with generic random soldier guy #23.
- [Location] Aside from Nomad, what's an iconic element of Crysis too is the lush, big tropical jungle. This way replaced with New York in the second game, which is pretty much the most boring video game environment you can think of and one we have already seen countless times in many other games.
- [Level design] Crysis had a wide-linear level design for the most part which was amazing because the story and gameplay managed to stay tight and focused while at the same time there was enough room for the player to express himself/herself (in how he/she wants to approach enemies, what objectives he/she wants to do etc.). Crysis 2 compared to it was just a corridor shooter with very little options available to the player.
- [Alien design] The alien design in the original Crysis is one of a kind, it's extremely unique and memorable. Yet, the sequel switched this too to more humanlike "robot-aliens" that are just as generic as they possibly can be.
- [Environmental destruction] The environmental detruction and general environmental interaction was a huge part of the original game. It didn't just add to the immersion but it also made possible for the player to express himself/herself in really creative ways (make a tree fall on a soldier, blow up a house with soldiers inside of it etc.). In Crysis 2, there's almost no destruction.
- [Focus] The first Crysis was really gameplay-driven (like Half-Life and Dead Space). The player had control pretty much all the time expect in cutscenes (that could be skipped). In C2, however, there are many scripted and unskippable set-pieces, slow-walking story sections and QTE events.
- [In-game] The original game rendered every cutscene in-game as far as I know and this essentially made the game future-proof (cutscenes will run at any resolution, framerate and aspect ratio you throw at it). Crysis 2, on the other hand, utilizes many pre-rendered videos (that are very low quaity / resolution).
- [Stealth] While stealth wasn't the best in the original game, it worked. With proper navigation and tactics, it was possible to deal with enemies in a stealthly manner. In Crysis 2 though, it's not really feasible, because enemies auto-detect the player pretty much from anywhere and all the time. The stealth kill animation is also worthless because of it and it's just a much safer play to go out of cloak, do a headshot with a silenced weapon, go back to cloak immediately, then repeat this.
- [Mysticism] The aliens in the first game were surrounded by a lot of mysticism. Just remember back Core and how the aliens were introduced in that level. It's still one of the best FPS levels of all time in my opinion. It preserved the mysticism, just like the OG Star Wars movies preserved the mysticism of the Force. However, in Crysis 2, writers felt the need to overly explain everything, this way ruining the mysticism of the aliens (similarly how the concept of the Force got ruined in the SW prequels with the introduction of the midiclorians).
- [Story] The story wasn't the best part of the first game, but it was alright and the concept behind it was really interesting, plus the game had some memorable characters. The same can't be said for Crysis 2. It tries so hard to tell a story yet I'm struggling to remember anything from it even though I just finished it 1-2 hour(s) ago.
- [Bosses] Crysis had some bosses/boss-like encounters that were critical/highpoints of the game (the Korean soldiers with Nanosuits, the leader of the Koreans and the final boss). Crysis 2 doesn't have a final boss, only 4 normal enemies with more HP that the player has to defeat before the end. It's just as anticlimactic as the ending of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. And even the whole final mission is just lame. You essentially have to to the same thing you already did in a previous mission: activate 3 alien stuff scattered throughout the map while dealing with tons of enemies. Very unimaginitive.
- [Music] I don't care that Hans Zimmer did the music for Crysis 2. It's just as bland as the game itself. A Micheal Bay-esque military story. But the first Crysis was more like the original Predator from 1987. A squad went into a jungle to deal with some bad guys and found something literally out of this world. It was action-heavy, partially horroristic and often adventuorus. And the soundtrack perfectly captured this. Crysis 2's theme (and overall soundtrack) though is just boring.
submitted by DaemonXHUN
to Crysis [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 TheThunderGuyS finally
2021.10.18 15:16 DaimomoTheCat After a year Momo will finally sleep right next to me all night, even let me put a lil bit of a blanket on her! Slowly gaining confidence :) soon maybe she'll get on my lap!
2021.10.18 15:16 ahm713 Coffeeshops like Starbucks in Central London
I'm traveling to London for tourism soon and I'm looking for chill and mid-range coffee shops like Starbucks in Central London. I want the coffee shop to be SAFE as I don't want to get stabbed, and I want it to have nice chicken sandwiches and coffee ad preferably with SAFE outdoor seating.
What are your recommendations?
submitted by ahm713 to uktravel [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 Alps_Resident arthur morgan reference in fifa 22
submitted by Alps_Resident to reddeadredemption2 [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 atricoz Two of my chickens got swollen and infected eyes;as I am still inexperienced, what disease is this? How can I treat it?
2021.10.18 15:16 anonimeeeeeee When does attatchment to worldly things become mortal sin?
submitted by anonimeeeeeee to Catholicism [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 The-Toad3 who should I paint next?
submitted by The-Toad3 to TheEyeOfTerror [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 Phorkyzz Giratina. Pls be online. Add 2648 8177 3850
submitted by Phorkyzz to PokemonGoRaids [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 Wristyman Connoisseur
2021.10.18 15:16 Miss_Heatheness Penny for your thoughts?
2021.10.18 15:16 YuriTenten Have you heard about this#RikkieFinance? It is a revolutionary DeFi platform with the core is a unique Open Lending System.✅Cross-chain support ✅NFTs collateralization ✅P2P Insurance. Visit their group⤵️https://t.me/rikkeifinance
submitted by YuriTenten to AllCryptoBets [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 revolutionizer019 a CURIOSITY which dives deeper into Dart...
2021.10.18 15:16 T_Sheckler PS5 Update
Just started the 6 gig download. Looks like our update got pushed as well.
submitted by T_Sheckler to diablo2 [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 TomSallyman that moment
2021.10.18 15:16 alexamjv I'm painting some Christmas ornaments for animal lovers, watercolor and pen on wood!
2021.10.18 15:16 Ladyhoneyblu Here is my complete renovation for the Clocktower. It's pretty but the storyline for this one was kind of awful and it kind of made me dislike Lisa and Patrick
2021.10.18 15:16 Toronto416ix Precious Achiuwa Center eligibilty
He will be the starting C or the backup C for the Toronto Raptors. When can we expect him to have C eligibility?
submitted by Toronto416ix to YahooFantasy [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 Frogmann20 WTF!!!
She just said on her live she thinks military spouses have it easier than her bc she's in total isolation and they can go with their friends to have lunch and their kids are there.
Yea OK you dummy... you chose to live on witch mountain and also you don't have to worry about your husband not coming back!
submitted by Frogmann20 to exposeadriannecurry [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 FUJIMO1978 [Xbox/PC server] https://discord.gg/nPgGb9aYfk 4x taming + 1.5x wild Dino starvation Global harvest rate 4x 10x crop growth 140% loot quality 20x mature speed, 100x incubation speed No Auto Tek 125 turret limit 1.2x turret damage light stack mod 1.0x Experience (Also looking for 3 active adult mat
submitted by FUJIMO1978 to playarkservers [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 15:16 HiItsLust Can't stop loving Hyli